Managing Your Account¶
Creating an Account¶
All members of the Research Workspace (RW) have a secure account. If it’s your first time using the RW, go to https://researchworkspace.com, select
Create Account, and follow the prompts.
Sign in with Google¶
If your email is provided by Google, you have a Google account that can be used to sign into the RW.
Being signed into multiple Google accounts is typically fine when accessing the RW, but occasionally browsers get mixed up. If you find you can’t log in, try the following:
- Log out of all your Google accounts.
- Log into the Google account that you typically use with the RW.
- Log back into the RW.
- Now log into your other Google accounts.
Use Your Own Username and Password¶
If you don’t have a Google account or would prefer not to use it, enter a username and password and select
Updating Account Information¶
Your profile lists information about who you are and where you work, as well as any projects, campaigns, or organizations with which you’re associated. Your profile information is important to keep up-to-date, both so collaborators can contact you with questions and so that archived files (data and metadata) have correct citation information. To manage your account information, roll over your name in the upper right hand corner of the browser and select
Follow these steps to change your username:
Follow these steps to change your password:
- Go to the login page.
- Check the email account associated with the RW.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
Edit Contact Information¶
To edit your contact information, follow these steps:
- Click the edit icon to the right of your account name.
- To update existing information, click the affiliation or contact you want to change.
- Update the information in the text boxes and click
- To add a new or another affiliation, select
+Add an affiliationand select
- To add a new or another contact, select
+Add an addressand select
Change Profile Picture¶
Add a profile picture so your collaborators can recognize you when logged into the RW.
- Click the edit icon to the right of your name.
- On the bottom left of your profile picture, click on the camera icon .
Change picture, then browse and select your profile image from your computer.
Opento load your image into your RW profile.
- Use the
Cropfeature to crop your photo into a square and center your image.
Closeto save your changes.
Accessing Your Account¶
If you’ve been given an access code to the RW, follow these steps to access your account:
- Go to the login page.
- Enter your access code in the
If you don’t know your access code, contact your program administrator or email us at email@example.com.